With the Guava® Muse® cell analyzer, you can achieve highly quantitative results at a fraction of the price, effort, and time. The Muse cell analyzer packs 3-parameter analysis into a compact, easy to use benchtop device, making flow cytometry accessible to anyone, anytime. A user-friendly touchscreen interface, intuitive cell analysis software, and optimized assays work to simplify your research.
Laser-Based Fluorescence Detection
The system delivers high-performance cell analysis using a microcapillary technology and miniaturized optics which occupy one-tenth the space of a typical cytometer. Laser-based fluorescence detection of each cell event can evaluate up to 3 cellular parameters. As a result, the Muse system provides more quantitative results than non-flow based imaging systems, which only examine up to two parameters, are time-consuming, and provide less quantitative data.
Customer TestimonialsAs scientists, peer review is the gold standard by which we assess technologies, second only to trying out tools and reagents ourselves. Routine but essential cell analysis assays are faster, easier, and more data-rich with the Muse instrument. Get more insight on the Muse cell analyzer from our customers.
- "My lab has been using the Muse for about one year now and I can say that the Muse is exceptional. The Muse cuts the time of manually counting by half... I would recommend the Muse to anyone who does manual counting."
- T. Weaver, Duke University, USA
- "I just started to use Muse cell analyzer and I'm happy with it at least for now. The machine is user-friendly, easy to learn and maintain. The thing I have to mention is I had a good experience with the customer service. Larry is very helpful."
- M. Zhao, University at Buffalo, USA
- "We bought the Muse in order to do quick experiments without having the full set up of a FACS... We are able to do quick and accurate cell counts, then run assays in all the convenience of the lab. The results seem to be consistent with what we would be getting using the FACS."
- M. de la Vega, University of Hawaii, USA
Accurate Cell Concentrations
The Muse cell analyzer counts cells more accurately than manual hemocytometry or image-based automated analysis.
Muse cell analysis data was correlated with the theoretical concentration with slope closest to 1, indicating superior accuracy.
The Muse cell analyzer counts cells and measures viability more precisely with smaller coefficients of variation (%CV) than manual hemocytometry or image-based automated analysis. Higher %CVs were observed for the Trypan blue-based methods, particularly at lower cell concentrations.
|Average % CV||% CV Range||Average % CV||% CV Range|
|Image-based Automated Counter||9.2%||1.2-23.3%||3.7%||0.8-12.1%|
|Muse Cell Analyzer||4.0%||0.3-8.8%||2.2%||0.4-5.6%|
Comprehensive Cell Health Measurements
Evaluation of cell health and the potential mechanism of action, is critical is various aspects of drug discovery and cell biology.
- Technical Brief: A Mix-and-Read Assay for Apoptosis Detection: Muse® Annexin V & Dead Cell Assay
- Application Note: Kinetics of Intracellular Nitric Oxide Production and Cytotoxicity in Lipopolysaccharide and Interferon-gamma Induced Macrophage Activation
- Application Note: Simplified Cell Cycle Phase Analysis with the Muse® Cell Cycle Assay
Muse® Cell Analyzer: Kits & Reagents
For the assays you rely on most, we’ve developed optimized kits, validated for robust performance on the Muse® cell analyzer. Typical cell preparation protocols have been condensed and simplified, so sample preparation is fast and easy. You don’t need to optimize any software settings — the Muse instrument calculates all gating parameters and thresholds for you. Spend less time with experimental setup, avoid reagent waste, and save money.
What method do you currently use for fundamental cell counting, cell health, and signaling assays?
|Other Cell Analysis Techniques||Muse® Assays|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.